Therapy for Kids, Plano, TX
Many kids have problems that affect how they feel, learn, or act in Plano, TX. However, unlike grown-ups, children have not yet fully developed the ability to talk about their thoughts and emotions. This is why therapy for adults is significantly different from therapy for kids. Plano, TX parents who suspect that their children may need counseling should reach out to Wisdom Pro. We have a registered play therapist who provides effective therapy for kids in Plano, TX.
Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX: Overcoming Problems Through Play
Play therapy is one kind of therapy for kids in Plano, TX. Unlike counseling for adults, which involves a lot of talking, this approach to therapy for kids in Plano, TX uses play as the main method of communication. During each session, the professional who provides therapy for kids in Plano, TX observes the child's choices, decisions, and play style.
This form of therapy for kids in Plano, TX allows children to play out their thoughts and emotions. Through this kind of therapy for kids, Plano, TX children can identify their feelings, enhance their self-esteem, and learn to take responsibility for the things they do.
Why Is Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX Important?
Many studies have proven that using play therapy for kids in Plano, TX has positive effects on the child. Here are some of the benefits of therapy for kids in Plano, TX:
- Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can allow children to process emotions they may not be able to express in other ways. When kids cannot convey what they are feeling in words, they may communicate their pain in disruptive ways. They could throw tantrums, cry incessantly, or become unusually clingy. With therapy for kids, Plano, TX children can find a healthier way to express what they are feeling.
- Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can decrease disruptive behaviors. Some children will exhibit defiance by refusing to attend school, becoming socially withdrawn, or being violent toward others. To lessen behavioral problems in your child, opt for therapy for kids. Plano, TX children who meet with play therapists are given more opportunities to test their limits in a safe environment. Through therapy for kids, Plano, TX children can learn to better understand the consequences of their actions.
- Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can encourage independence and creative thinking. With therapy for kids, Plano, TX children will have space to make choices for themselves in a supportive environment. Kids, especially ones who have experienced significant traumas or life changes, must learn how to think for themselves. Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can help children who feel that they have no control over their lives express themselves freely and develop greater independence.
- Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can improve social skills. If you want your child to become more mindful of others' thoughts and feelings, therapy for kids in Plano, TX is your best bet. During play therapy sessions, children can explore different social roles. For instance, they could use toys to play-act as police officers or chefs. Using this form of therapy for kids, Plano, TX children can put themselves in other people's shoes and become more aware of others' experiences.
- Therapy for kids in Plano, TX can help forge stronger relationships with family members. When children are struggling with emotional or behavioral problems, a rift can be formed between them and their family members. The professional who performs therapy for kids in Plano, TX will guide parents on how to support their child's therapy as well as encourage them to develop a closer bond with their child.
Trust Wisdom Pro to Provide Effective Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
If your child is having social, emotional, or behavioral problems, talk to the professionals at Wisdom Pro. We are experienced at providing therapy for kids in Plano, TX. Schedule an appointment with us, and let us help your children overcome the challenges they are experiencing.
Wisdom Pro - Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
Life is a series of choices and experiences and a long journey of ups and downs. We're bound to hit rock bottom at some point, but in this moment of defeat, what matters is how we get back on our feet. We're with you during this healing and transforming process. Read the following article to learn more: http://time.com/4806209/anxiety-kids-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/
Wisdom Pro offers counseling sessions that help lost or confused individuals recover from life-altering events and develop the strength to lead a better life. We understand that navigating through difficult times is overwhelming, but you don't have to do it alone. Our team is ready to walk alongside you and guide you toward the right path. No matter your age, status, or background, we'll listen to your story and support you every step of the way.
Our Areas of Treatment - Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
Whatever you're facing, you'll find a safe place to express and unload whatever burdens you at Wisdom Pro. We are staffed with counselors who have the compassion, expertise, and knowledge to help you overcome your life's darkest moments. Our areas of treatment include:
- Couples' Challenges
- Premarital Issues
- Men's Issues
- Couples issues
- Divorce and Separation
- Parenting Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- School Problems
- Antisocial Behavior
What Makes Us Different - Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
Light can be seen even in the darkest of night, and to help you see that will be our biggest accomplishment. Our efforts have always been anchored in healing, growth, and resiliency. As one of our clients, you'll benefit from these:
Our Exceptional Team
We're staffed with intelligent and compassionate professionals who can help you tap into your hidden strength. With their guidance, you'll realize you're stronger than you think.
Our national-certified, licensed counselor supervisor, Dean Wisdom, is one of only a few male registered play therapists in the Plano and Frisco areas. He works with clients of all ages and backgrounds, from adults and couples to teens and children. In his spare time, he trains for triathlons, works on fence lines, or plants Loblolly Pine trees.
A licensed professional counselor, Teri's areas of treatment mainly involve older children, adolescents, women, men, couples, and families. She encourages every client to embrace his or her uniqueness and lead a more rewarding, motivating life.
A former yoga teacher in the fitness industry, Sarah decided to direct her focus from the body to the mind and soul. That's why she became a professional counselor intern.
It's her rule not to ask anyone to do something she's not willing to do herself. Practicing what she preaches, she went into therapy during her time in graduate school. Since then, her goal has always been to aid struggling individuals as they transition from being stuck to being more hopeful and self-aware.
Our Values and Guiding Principles - Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
At Wisdom Pro, we recognize how important our therapeutic relationship is to your healing and transformation. That's why we go the extra mile to understand where you're coming from as well as to help you get things back on track and move forward. In every session, you'll be treated like family, and we'll work toward the same goals: to help you improve your mental health and welfare and become your best self.
Our Extensive Experience
Our seasoned counselors bring considerable life experience and maturity to the table. These enable us to have a better understanding of everyone's struggles in life and connect with our clients on a deeper level.
Our Counseling Services
We provide therapeutic and counseling services to the following groups:
Let Us Help You - Therapy for Kids in Plano, TX
Are you stuck? Do you feel like you're at the end of your rope? Wisdom Pro is here to help. Since our inception, we have helped many individuals and families fight their battles, overcome tough times and challenges, and come out braver and stronger. Request a consultation today. For more information about our services, visit our website today. Providing the best therapists for adolescents, speak to a counselor today.