Sarah D. Sutton
I have wanted to change people’s lives for the better for as long as I can remember. I have worked in the fitness industry as a yoga teacher, Barre instructor, personal trainer and nutritionist for the past 10 years. I have also worked for over a decade with children, teens and adults in some helping capacity. Throughout that time, I was helping people but I wanted to become a Licensed Professional Counselor because I believe change can happen in our body but also in our mind/soul. My passion is to see the entire family “healed whole.” I believe that if there is a desire for wholeness and a desire for healing, it can and will happen if the individual or family unit is willing.
I graduated with my masters from Dallas Baptist University and I took my time in graduate school. I was in my own therapy throughout the process because it has been important for me to practice what I preach. I would never ask anyone to do anything that I was not willing to do myself. I know that therapy is scary to many and it can even be taboo. My hope is to take that stigma away to some extent. We are all in a process of some kind and everyone is at a different point in that journey. My joy and gift is to help people to see where they are stuck and form strategies and goals around how to go from being stuck and overwhelmed to being hopeful and more self-aware.
Licensure and Certifications
- 2018, LPC-Intern, supervised by Robi Heath, MEd, LPC Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor
- 2016, Certified Nutrition Specialist
- 2015, AFAA Certification
- 2015, Orange Theory Certification
- 2012, Barre 3 Certification
- 2009, Vinyasa/Hatha/Partner Yoga Training
- 2007, Level 1 Vinyasa Teacher Training
- 2016, MA Counseling, Dallas Baptist University
- 2003, BA Communication, Centenary College of Louisiana
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America
We would love to talk with you.
Schedule an appointment today, starting with a free 15-minute consultation.